Rear Commodore Education
Mr. Ray Boisvert
One of our primary tenets is to develop a knowledgeable, competent boating community. To achieve this, we provide academic opportunities throughout the year covering seamanship, boat repair and maintenance, survival and general marine information.
We are currently developing our academic plan.
Local area education opportunities:
- American Boating Course, Seafarer’s Yacht Club
- Safety at Sea, Mariner’s Museum
- Safe Boating Class, Deltaville Yachting Center
- Service Seminar, Deltaville Yachting Center
Educational Links (Note: Links are provided for your use and do not constitute any QYC endorsement. QYC is not responsible for the sites’ content)
- Chesapeake Marine Training Institute (approved for Veterans Education and Training).
- Mid-Potomac Power Squadron
- Virginia Safe Boating Course
- Maryland Safe Boating Course
- US Coast Guard Boating Safety
- US Coast Guard Auxiliary Boating Safety
- Safely Moored
- US Powerboating
- Recreational Power Boating Association
- American Sailing Association
- American Boat Operator Course
- Offshore Sailing School
- US Sailing, Training and Education
- Uncontrollable-Urge – Accident Statement from Crew
- US Sailing Association Independent Review Panel Review of the Fatal Accident Involving Aegean during the 2012 Newport to Ensenada Yacht Race on April 28, 2012
- US Sailing Association Independent Review Panel Inquiry into LOW SPEED CHASE capsize during the Full Crew Farallones Race, 14 Apr 2012.
- Maryland Boating Accident Blog
- Severn Sailing Association CLUB 420 Fatal Capsize, Chesapeake Bay